Tualatin Valley Irrigation District – Maintenance/Pipeline Technician
Posted: 9/10/2021 Starting Wage: $17.81 – 23.69 DOE
Benefits (after 6-month probationary period): Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), District contribution to Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), 10 paid holidays/year, 12-20 days paid vacation/year (based on tenure), 12 days paid sick leave/year, District vehicle.
Location: Forest Grove, OR
Duties, responsibilities, and competencies:
- Work closely with and report to District Irrigation Superintendent.
- Turn irrigation systems on and off as designated.
- Repair and replace irrigation valves and meters.
- Repair and replace irrigation pipelines.
- Assist in various maintenance activities as required.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety.
- Perform landscaping and weed maintenance as required.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to accurately read and record totalizing flow meter data.
- Ability to interpret maps and aerial imagery.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a crew.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees, supervisors, outside contractors, and the public.
- Interact with and strive to maintain good working relationships with water users.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles, machines, and tools safely and in conformance with applicable laws, regulations, and District policies.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED; at least one year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license with clean, safe driving record.
Special Job Requirements:
- Employee must live within (20) minutes of District facilities (Forest Grove, OR).
- Employee required to take off-hours emergency call-outs (including weekends) one week per month.
- Maintain CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certifications as applicable.
To view full job announcement visit our website at: http://www.tvid.org. Application deadline: Open until filled
WALLA WALLA RIVER IRRIGATION DISTRICT- Water Supervisor
Full Time: $19.00-$25.00 per hour ($39,520 – $52,000)
Health insurance, Cell phone stipend, District vehicle, Compensation package dependent on qualifications and experience.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Distributes water to users of the District in accordance with Oregon Revised Statutes, Oregon Administrative Rules, District Policies and Procedures and Board of Director direction using information based upon decrees, permits and transfers.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma, or equivalent, plus one (1) year of experience and/or training in agricultural irrigation practices and/or distribution or a combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
Must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Familiar with plant species (agricultural grasses, crops and noxious weeds)
- Ability to interpret maps and aerial photography
- Ability to use a computer
- Slippery and/or uneven terrain
- Exposure to domestic animals and wild animals
- Exposure to risk of electric shock
- Hazardous road conditions
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions for accurate calculations
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions
- Ability to work independently or as part of a crew
- Ability to establish working relationship with other employees, supervisors, outside contractors, and the public
- Possess excellent time management skills and ability to efficiently prioritize work tasks
- Ability to operate motor vehicles, machines and tools safely and in conformance with applicable laws, regulations and work rules
- Excellent communication skills
Possession of a valid Oregon driver’s license. Must have a safe driving record. Employee must live within twenty (20) minutes of the employee’s area of responsibility. Operate heavy equipment as needed.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Field check of distribution system to ensure water is being delivered in the most efficient manner possible and in accordance with Oregon water laws and District policies.
- Conduct and ensure the maintenance and upkeep of any facilities and equipment owned by the District.
- Carry out daily cleaning activities at trash racks throughout the District.
- Conduct ditch maintenance activities including, but not limited to, weed-whacking, spraying, burning and mechanical cleaning.
- Maintain a current and accurate inventory of the equipment of the District.
- Diligently monitor winter flows in the Little Walla Walla River system.
- Assist with office related duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates can apply my emailing resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the close of business on September 30, 2021.
Check back for additional job postings.
To post a job opportunity (district or affiliated organization), please contact the OWRC office.